My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Monday, January 24, 2005

An Evening of Firsts

Saturday Evening was Night of Firsts. I gave my first altar call and my first sermon (in that order!) and I got to help ordain two new ministers! Since I've only been ordained for 23 days myself, I'm pretty dazzled by what the Lord has done! I've also already been away and come back from my first mission/ministry trip in another state where I got to watch first hand as the Lord accomplished mighty deeds and wonderful acts among the people there!
I want to share with you a little bit I wrote about my first First on Saturday. I had the incredible honor and priveledge of serving communion with my beloved fellow minister, the Reverend Lani Langlais.

"As we began serving communion, I was completely unprepared for how staggeringly, _stunningly_ beautiful and ravishing the *Bride* is, walking down to aisle to receive her *Beloved*... I know His heart must be completely undone at the sight! ( Just one time on the other side of the table can seriously change a persons life!) When you serve communion, you are standing in the place where the Groom stands in a wedding; the signifigance was not lost on me, watching all the beautiful, glorious ones coming down the aisle! I could feel the passion of the Lord for His precious people as each one came up and I could see the *blazing fire* of *love* reflected in their *eyes* as I put "His Body" in each extended hand..I could feel His DELIGHT ... I was very nearly overcome! After Lani and I served each other, and sat down, I was just unable to contain it and sobbed silently for several minutes from the sheer depth of the longing He has for His Bride and His overwhelming love for her.... "

The Spirit and The Bride say COME, Lord Jesus!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine the wedding cake at this wedding! Would take a pretty big fridge to freeze those leftovers! I am so excited that you are my wife and that this new era in your life is starting. I think that we've only just scratched the surface of the amazing things God's gonna do this year. I pray a special blessing on your sweet spirit my dearest.

-Your Hubby.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The most beautiful description of communion I have ever heard!!! :) So excited for you on the new things God is doing in you and through you! His delight is in you! :)
Love you!
Jessica

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home