My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Friday, September 24, 2004

Dream Post

I had a dream last night where I was reading a book. It was a good book, by some Christian or other, and it had a blue cover. Blue usually means "revelation" in that sort of dream. The author of that book wrote from an "omniscient narrator" point of view. She'd tell you what happened, how everyone felt about it, and what the moral of the story was. I remember feeling very interested in her "style". In the dream, I remember reading some bit of a story, but then the next paragraph was more on the "teaching" side. I remember reading one sentence over and over so that I would remember it when I woke up. (It didn't start out that way, but it turned into a "lucid" dream).
I remember savoring the sentence, meditating on what it might mean, being excited about it.
Funny enough, the teaching was on blogs and posting. It was an explanation of "how things work" on some foundational level. The paragraph was about how God would write a "post" on the tablet of her heart, and in turn, she would respond to that message, writting back to Him in a post on her blog. She'd let the meaning and content of His words to her soak in and come alive, then she'd pour that understanding and the perspective she gained back out, in the form of a post.
The sentence?
"They were writing posts to one another, she and God, and it was good".


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you are posting to this blog! The analogy of the blog is very apt. Imagine if your actions and "outward appearance" was like a living version of a blog. Your "posts" might be your actions and interactions with other people. God sees this and responds with his own "posts" - the outward appearance and interactions you have with God. Great stuff.

-Andrew

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *loved* reading this!!!! Such a neat dream! God is good. Thanks for sharing LA!
Love you!
Jessica

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home