My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Resting and Waiting

I'm rediscovering what it means to rest. With my last pregnancy I spent a lot of time on bedrest, and I'm getting to do that again! So far I'm on modified bedrest, which means I have more freedom to do the necessary things like shower and go to Doctor's appointments, but I'm not allowed to do any housework or do anything else that might trigger contractions. 25 weeks and counting. Next week I'll see the perinatologist and hopefully find out what the game plan is for managing things for the next 10 weeks or so.
The baby continues to grow and wiggle and basically just delight us in every way!
I am craving funny foods though... fresh cold strawberries and Funyuns, for goodness' sake! French onion soup and ice cream sandwhiches... Thai soup and Thai iced tea... oh wait, that one's pretty normal for me!
My DH is such a sweetheart, so tender, so gentle, so good at taking care of me and the baby and the children. He continues to amaze me with his generosity, his kindness, and his love. One of my ER nurses kept pointing out how impressed they all were with him, in stark contrast to most of the husbands who come in with wives in my condition (having contractions, etc.) He *is* exceptional! God has shown me once again how great His love for me is, and how much favor He pours out on me!
Well, back to the couch to catch up on my rest some more!


2 Comments:

Blogger Alipurr said...

will be praying for you and baby

7:20 PM  
Blogger Lisa-Anne said...

Thanks Ali! :) I greatly appreciate your prayers. :)
Love,
LA

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home